Wednesday, February 28, 2024

blue-sky day

 


It rained all last night and this morning, with a forecast of "continuing" and a warning about high winds. But yesterday was a blue-sky day, and so warm that I was able to do something I've been wanting to do for weeks:


gather up the feed pans and give them a scrub.


Very satisfying result.


And because it was so warm and sunny and the forecast was for this 24-hour rain we are currently in the middle of, I dragged the chaise out and spent an hour or so just enjoying the day. The deep blue sky, the tiny downy woodpecker bold enough to visit the suet feeder even while Moxie and I were lounging only a few feet away. Such a perfectly pleasant day - a warm clear day with no biting insects - is a rarity in my neck of the woods. Very much a "seize the day" event.

So I did the Daily Markmaking, with this water-soluble graphite sketch:


This sketchbook snap is from a cell phone. It's an experiment, because I suspect my actual camera is signalling it's pending retirement with various mysterious behaviors. I know many cell cams take excellent snaps, but my phone is very basic, the images are not high res, and I'm not sure about their blog-ability. Please feel free to comment/advise.

And to bring us back to today, here is a barncam snap taken a few minutes ago: Violet and Sambucus in the barn, waiting out the rain.


Very wise, goats.
You know Room Service will always come to you.
~~~~~

12 comments:

  1. I love that last line! Room service indeed. All our pets seem to know this.
    Your rain made it here today, poured down this morning. Sadly the cold will return after the rain.
    The phone picture looks okay to me, but I am looking at it on my phone. I no longer use my big camera as the photos from this phone are okay for my purposes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info on the phone snap! And we're just coming out of several rainy days. Again. Planning the gardens and hoping for the best.

      Delete
  2. I do my blogging from low level phone and economy tablet. The pix serve their purpose, but I'm not a professional photographer, so my standards are different from yours. That said, it's the eye for framing that does a lot for a picture, even with a humble device.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind humble, but I do prefer in-focus ;)

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful day! Glad you got out and enjoyed. Phone picture looks good. Goats and guinea pigs - room service is a must! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep calling for Room Service, but it never arrives! ;)

      Delete
  4. That is a glorious blue! Love the pic of your goats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use my old Android Samsung phone for photographs. My iphone13 new phone has a crap camera, and stores pics on icloud where they are not easy to acces for uploading.

    New camera this year means hours of research.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the research! I did all the research in 2022 to buy a replacement camera in 2023. Then on New Year's Day 2023 my water system needed major work, and a new camera became a non-issue.

      Delete
  6. It's such a great feeling to have a sunny day and get those needs-a-sunny-day chores ticked off the list. Glad you also took time to enjoy that beautiful day from the chaise. Hope you've dried out by now from your latest rain.

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we've had a string of VERY rainy days in the past week, and some quite remarkable winds as well. But it's quiet today, and almost sunny :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.