- Have you entered the amazing bookstore giveaway yet? Entries close on the 31st, and since the shop is in England, their timezone is several hours ahead of all the US timezones. Do it! Do it now!
- Exciting local news: the kittens caught their first mouse!
|"Aw, shucks, t'weren't nuthin'!"|
- Equally exciting: the mouse was completely dead and fully intact when I saw it and quickly disposed of it. 'Nuff said.
|"You're welcome! But I can't talk now - flying mice!"|
- Piper recently acquired another spa neckerchief. She usually has two professional baths each year: Spring and Autumn. This year, thanks to her lightening-quick ability to find and roll in stinky stuff while I'm distracted for two minutes, she has had four baths. Or maybe five. Or was it six? I'm not going to look at my checkbook to count the appointments. I don't like cursing at bedtime.
|"Go ahead, turn away for 2 minutes. Make my day."|
(She's not really cross, here; just waiting for a treat.)
- It has rained a cold, dank, gloomy drizzle for four days, off and on. But tonight feels relatively balmy, so I'm hopeful there is better weather ahead. We still have some very colorful foliage, but much has fallen. Here's another "Before And After" scene for you, this time with images taken about a week apart. This is the end of my driveway as seen from the road:
I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Have a wonderful Sunday!