Saturday, December 15, 2018

a little announcement

In the upper righthand sidebar, there is a new item.
Under "Pages" there is a link for Cloud Harvest Cashmere.

I thought for a long while about this, and had reservations about making this blog in any way a "commercial" entity. But it also seemed quite silly to not have an option for anyone who might actually want to see whatever little items I might be making in an effort to support my goats' habit of eating.

I finally decided to make a separate page, so readers can choose to visit if they wish. That seems about as low-key as it can possibly be. I hope you'll agree.

And now, in a completely unrelated theme:

how about this sky?


For about three minutes, the view from my Massachusetts window made me feel like I'm living high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

~~~~~

8 comments:

  1. Lovely view! Had a peek at your new venture and have to say those images of your bosses are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's good to have a link to what you sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement! I am very very VERY bad at self-promotion, so this is a big step for me.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you 100% about your link. I wrestle with this as well for my books. I don't want a commercialized ad-filled blog, but I don't think there's anything wrong with linking to your products. It lets folks know but gives them the option. I respect that. The blogs I find myself avoiding are the ones with pop-ups blocking my view every time I visit. Rude and very annoying.

    Love your view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leigh! I agree with you about pop-up windows on websites and blogs. I don't know why web designers ever thought they would be a good idea...surely they must be annoying to most people?! I've stopped visiting some sites because of the constant offers to subscribe or buy.

      Delete
  4. Looks good! I'm not big on self-promotion either, but folks do like to be able to support farms.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.