Saturday, August 25, 2018

squirrel

Looked out the sliding glass door today and saw this:


There was no sunflower seed on the ground today.
I thought he'd nose around in the greenery a bit,
then move on toward the bird feeder or the barn.

But instead, he came a little closer, and hung out for a while.


And then he moved over to the exact spot where Della had been yesterday.


He just waited and waited, looking through the door.
He did everything but tap on the glass, and call,
"Will Della come out and play?"

He's on tippy-toes in this one:


And where was Della?
Asleep on the porch.


She had already been outside for a long time,
and had come back in for a snack and a snooze.


Maybe tomorrow, Squirrel!

~~~~~

7 comments:

  1. LOL. A glutton for punishment. I remember as a kid the squirrels used to love teasing the neighborhood cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww - how cool is that!!! Squirrels can be a nuisance but they do have some really cute habits. Hopefully Delia comes out to play tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie! Although they're not so cute when they're eating my apples LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They never stop eating! No apples for them here, but the bird feeder war has been going back and forth for years.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful squirrel portraits! My city squirrels love to yell from the trees and utility poles at my cats who go outside. I love watching them sampling carrot tops and things from our compost bin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.