Friday, August 24, 2018

friday frolics




 






Note on these snaps: not a compressed telephoto illusion - the squirrel was about 14 inches from Della the whole time, munching on sunflower seeds and saying, "Chase me! Come on, chase me!"

Which Della resisted for a few minutes, knowing that the anticipation of chasing was much more exciting than the actual chase would be. This was not Della's first Squirrel Rodeo.

I often see Moxie playing tag with a squirrel - spiraling up and down the big oak trunks. But Della is playing the ground game.

~~~~~

9 comments:

  1. I swear squirrels love to play--and to tease dogs and cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! And they are opinionated, too...when I blocked the place where one was getting into the attic, she climbed onto the windowframe of the porch window, looked in at me, and gave me a piece of her mind!

      Delete
  2. BTW, I have not sold the double washtubs yet. Daggone it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about the one that - if I remember correctly - Larry rewired? I think it was a square tub? I'm still fantasizing about that one!

      Delete
  3. what a beautiful colored kitty--and that squirrel is great too--
    thanks for sharing--
    enjoy, di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you come back and see the next day's pictures :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They really do seem to want to play :) When Moxie doesn't run right up a tree after a squirrel, the squirrel comes back down a few feet and peeks around the bole to see if Moxie's still there!

      Delete
  5. And they say that some animals are natural enemies! This just proves that animals have a sense of play - what fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.