Day 1, lobelia on the path to barn
Not sure exactly which lobelia this is.
I looked it up and it's probably one of two species,
but one of those species has three varieties
and it was just too steamy and uncomfortable today
to go back out with a hand lens and micrometer.
Maybe tomorrow.
Anyway, here it is August already.
Who saw that coming?
~~~~~

Yes, August already - that means summer is half over and I'm not ready! I love summer so much and never want it to end, despite the fact that we seem to be getting more and more bad storms which spoils my joy in the season.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know there were multiple varieties of lobelia but no matter - your version is wonderful.
Thank you! There are several native lobelias in our neck of the woods, but I haven't seen all of them. Yet :)
DeleteI'm curious as to what color your lobelia flowers are. I don't think we have it growing anywhere near us. Very nice sketch.
ReplyDeleteThis one is a light blue. I think there is some variability, from white to blue in most of the species, except for the cardinal flower, which is just as vibrant a red as it sounds. I still remember the first time I saw one at a distance and had to cross a field and wetland to find out what it was.
DeleteYour posts are suddenly showing up, so I'm catching up with some lovely drawings. A bit late but still welcome.
ReplyDelete