Sweetfern, Comptonia peregrina, is neither sweet nor a fern. It looks like something the dinosaurs would have walked through, releasing the warmest, spiciest aromas of imagination.
Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!
Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.
My favorite plant! Keep the mark-makings coming - love them.
ReplyDeleteChris from Boise
I love it too :) Even before I found that it can help with mosquito bites. Thanks, Chris.
DeleteAnd help with poison ivy too. A plant of many wonders.
DeleteI love your drawings - so simple and yet elegant at the same time. And yes, I know they're not simple to create!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the encouragement! :)
DeleteI love jewelweed and didn't know about these great powers! Very nice line drawing thank you for showing us
ReplyDeleteI think jewelweed may be useful for a lot of skin issues, but the one I have the most (unfortunate) experience with is the mosquito bite.
Delete