Saturday, May 25, 2024

first things first


My camera has been missing for over a month. No rhyme nor reason - one morning I was using it and in the afternoon it was nowhere to be found. Since that day, the house has been turned upside down repeatedly, without success.



Yesterday the camera resurfaced. It was balanced in a little gap that mysteriously appeared between the cats' suitcase (a large and heavily weighted upright suitcase dedicated to claw sharpening) and the cedar wardrobe the suitcase is usually jammed right up against. I walk by this spot at least 20 times every day, and the camera has certainly not been there. Nor has there been a gap, since the suitcase doesn't move; it takes all my strength to drag it even a few inches. The whole thing is incomprehensible but the important thing is: the camera is back.



For me, the process of writing anything always starts with images rather than the other way around. With the ability to share images again, I expect blogging to resume shortly.

I've missed you, blog pals. Things have been a bit challenging here every single day since the upheaval beginning on April 4th. Challenging and exhausting. Time has seemed to stand still while simultaneously zipping by. There has been no time for writing or even reading. The only "extra" has been Daily Markmaking, and it's been a little moment of sanity every day.

So...it will probably take a while to catch up with you all, and I'm looking forward to it.

~~~~~

10 comments:

  1. Yay for finding your camera! May you find some ease with your challenges. I'm glad you have kept hold of at least one creative outlet. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sally! I hope you've been doing some kayaking in the recent Summer weather :)

      Delete
  2. "A bit challenging" may be the understatement of the year. Been thinking about you, the goats and the cats. Good for you for keeping up daily mark-making amidst the upheavals. These three are lovely, and just the kind of activity to move one's mind into a meditative state.
    More hugs!

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sketches are exquisite, Quinn. I am behind on blog reading too, trying to catch up with everyone. So funny about the camera but very glad it turned up. We always say that just as soon as we buy a replacement for a lost item, the lost one is found!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was that thought - and sheer stubbornness! - that kept me from buying a camera while the other one was missing, even though a new camera has been on my agenda since 2022. I just knew that as soon as I ordered one, the old one would appear in some crazy place...sitting in a barrel of feed, or on top of a fencepost, or under a hat.

      Delete
  4. So glad to see you back again! I'm glad the camera showed up, even mysteriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm often mystified over things that seemingly disappear (or happen) with no rhyme nor reason. Most recently a picture that hangs over our dining room table went very crooked. Nobody had touched it (the table is pushed up to the wall so nobody can walk by it either). Awhile ago a box of 'stuff' launched itself off the top shelf in the storage room and landed three parts of the way across the room...right side up, contents intact. Nobody was near it. Spooks, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.