Saturday, March 14, 2020

saturday saunter

After a long, gloomy day of rain yesterday,
when I fed the fire all day just to take the chill off the house,
today dawned clear and bright.
And cold. And windy.

I waited til almost noon to take Piper to our favorite trails by the pond.
By that time, the wind had dropped and the air was warmer.


Five days ago, the pond looked like this.
There was still a lot of ice, but there were open areas.


We've had some very warm days in the past week.



Today, the pond looked like this:


The sky was really this blue.



 It was a splendid time to be out in the woods.


So much to look at. So much to see.


And no one has to tell this girl to "stop and smell the roses"
- or anything else, for that matter.


We had a grand time, and I wore out before Piper did.
When we got home, I puttered around a bit but had to sort of drag myself out for evening chores.

So...no goats were combed today. 



But I believe it was the right call.


~~~~~

10 comments:

  1. You sure made Piper happy.
    Whenever my cats are driving me crazy wanting to be on my lap when I'm trying to knit, wanting to be picked up and carried around the house, I just have to stop and remember who's in charge here, and pick up a cat, and put down my knitting. Got to keep priorities straight, especially these days when the world's priorities seem so warped. Thanks for the walk in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When a friend complained about trying to study while her cat persisted in walking back and forth across her textbook, I said that the cat was patiently and politely trying to improve my friend's quality of life by demonstrating the need to take time now and then to focus on what is most precious. She thought for a moment, then agreed :)

      Delete
  2. Piper agrees it was the right call. We did get out for a walk today - hope to do so again today! Enjoy the sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're going to try to get out again this afternoon :)

      Delete
  3. LOL, everyone else took my comment! I agree wit Piper, the right call. Glad you had a bluebird sky at last!

    Cheers,
    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a glorious day :) And that sparkle in Piper's eye is impossible to miss!

      Delete
  4. Piper is definitely smiling! You live in the perfect place to keep a dog happy. Lovely to see the bits of green showing up and unthawed pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. until the biting bugs arrive...enjoying while it lasts!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.