Saturday, November 16, 2019

saturday shuffle



Wednesday was a very, very long day.
Thank you all for your kind thoughts!
They helped.

Thursday likewise, but at home: non-stop working about the place, with a couple of hours of able assistance from my Occasional Helper.
Yesterday ditto, except without the able assistance. But with the electrician,
who restored power to the outbuildings, one month after the storm and the fallen tree.



HUZZAH!!! No more frozen water buckets!



I've been so very tired, and totally "done" when evening chores are finished.
Too tired to eat. Too tired to sleep - which is such a weird thing,
but I'll bet you've experienced it too.




Today I'm hoping to get back into a rational rhythm, so to speak.



I'm starting by posting these snaps of recent #DailyMarkmaking efforts.
Some nights it's been literally just a scribble - I'll spare you those! -
and these are terrible snaps, I'm sorry.
But if I wait to take more, it will be tomorrow. Or Monday.
So I'm just going to post them here and keep moving.
I won't be moving fast - or "fast enough" according to the goats - 
but I shall continue to creep along and get somewhere eventually.

Onward!
~~~~~

10 comments:

  1. Not "terrible" snaps at all. I really like the next-to-last one in particular. Hope you get your energy back soon. And hurrah for electricity to the outbuildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are very kind :)
      That watercolor is anise hyssop, one of the most popular pollinator perennials in my garden.

      Delete
  2. Sorry that Wednesday was such a day. Glad to see you back. Huzzah for electricity and liquid water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you survived Wednesday, and have power back, the electrical sort anyway. It does take a couple of days to recover equilibrium after a long stressful day. But you still keep making art! Yay you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One night I actually fell asleep while drawing and woke with sketchbook and pencil in my hands, but I had already made some marks, so at least I met my brief :)

      Delete
  4. Boud is right, stress does require recovering time. Prayers your energy is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I got several hours of sleep last night, so I hope I'm back on track physically now :)

      Delete
  5. Glad your stressful day is behind you - and that power has been restored. Funny how we take such things for granted and don't realize how needful they are until we can't access them. Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just saying to the Animal Inspector, I did without outside power for years, but it certainly makes things easier. I remember very well being out in the rainy darkness with a flashlight, "helping" LeShodu present Lily and Violet. (Interfering is what Shodu probably would have called it, and she probably would have been right!)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.