Saturday, December 8, 2018

saturday sketch





This watercolor sketch is from a few days ago.
I wish I had taken a better photograph, during daylight,
but you get the idea.

Daily Markmaking continues...
hard to believe tonight will be #342.

What will it be?
And will I fall asleep in the middle of making it?
There have been some very close calls.
Daylight hours are so short and there is always so much to be done.
I almost never get out the sketchpad til nighttime, after chores are done and everyone has been fed. Most of the recent drawings and painting have been done while I'm snugged up in bed, with Moxie and Della anchoring me in place, and Piper within reach curled up in her new nest.

That's exactly the situation right now, in fact.
I'm the only one still awake, and I am very tired,
so I'd better get cracking.

I hope your weekend is going well!
~~~~~


7 comments:

  1. I love that you could do so much with just one color! Wow. I cannot draw so I am always in awe of what you can make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! (I never could get the hang of watercoloring.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your markmaking gets better with each passing day. I am not a fan of it getting dark so early. Also not a fan of artificial lights which means we are mostly sitting in faintly lit rooms and I have a hard time seeing well enough to do any stitching or journaling at night. Close to 10 p.m. now and I'm definitely ready to hit the hay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect in its simplicity. What talent you have, Quinn. I know your work days are sill just as long despite the light leaving so early. Rest well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An image for a Christmas card - you, tucked up in bed, surrounded by purring kitties and a lovely warm dog. Pretty nice if you ask me (oh, and your drawing is pretty nice too!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice
    I'm inspired to add a weekly sketch post to my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.