Sunday, June 24, 2018

one more saturday night

Staying up til 330AM on a Saturday night just isn't what it used to be, you know?

Instead of:

Don't worry 'bout tomorrow,
lord, you'll know it when it comes:
when the rockin-rollin music
meets the rising shining sun*

 I feel like I've been drug through a knothole backwards.

But the rewards can be pretty substantial:


Azalea's baby boy, 4.5 hours old...




and 7 hours old.


Azalea had a very uncomfortable day yesterday, and since there are no barncams, I was lucky she didn't mind me camping out in the barn to keep an eye on her - for what turned out to be 13 hours. But once the baby was on the ground it was clear she needed some quiet, private time. So apart from taking a quick peek every few hours and making sure she has plenty of fresh water and a buffet of tasty food items, I'll be staying out of the barn today.

I expect she'll be back to her very sweet and laid-back self once she gets used to her new mamagoat status.

Flashback to baby Azalea, with her own mama, Lily of the Valley:


And if you're in the mood for a little goat-drama, here's the story of her own birth day.

~~~

*from One More Saturday Night
words and music by Bobby Weir
Grateful Dead
(so many memories)

~~~~~

9 comments:

  1. How sweet and I read your other post also.

    Congrats ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a bit bleary-brained today so I'm relieved the post made sense :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry. I have to admit I laughed. And you can blame my weird sense of humour for the fact that once I read that you'd spent that long in the barn and THEN read that the song lyrics were from the Grateful Dead it made me think that that must have been what you felt like. Sorry. Told you, I'm weird! Hearty congratulations to you and the brand new momma. Another cutie to add fun to your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No apology necessary - the Dead made me laugh many times over the years :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Azalea has quite the topcoat! I was impressed with how quickly the baby located the "milk bar."

      Delete
  4. Grateful Dead and an extremely cute kid! I love it! Now, get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.