Tuesday, November 15, 2022

cold snaps


Christmas fern, Polystichum acrostichoides


Snaps taken this morning, after chores.

Strawberries, flowering a week ago in our "second Spring"


I had to be quick, because the sun was almost up and the frost would soon disappear.

Amsonia

I put a de-icer in the wildlife basin a couple of days ago.

It's an experiment, as for the first time, the basin is thick glass.

I've put the underwater heating element between stones, not near the glass. 


Fingers crossed.

~~~~~

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I never think of taking frost photos. And I bet I missed some frost flowers this week too. I love that last photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm out of the habit of carrying a camera out when I do chores, but maybe I'll get back into the routine again. Easier with a pocket camera, though, which my Canon is not.

      Delete
  2. I'll be interested in hearing how the water warmer pans out. Another thing we really can't (or at least shouldn't) have on our balcony but I've always been curious to know if they actually work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The de-icers work very well at keeping the thick plastic goat and hen buckets open - and they certainly make life easier for me! I've got three different kinds here now, accumulated over many years.
      But for the first time the wildlife basin is thick glass instead of plastic, so I may be risking a crack. I hope not, because it's much nicer to look at than the black plastic I've used in the past.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.