Sunday, August 19, 2018

sunday afternoon

It didn't rain.
The humidity fell.
The sky was blue.
There was an occasional breeze.

I literally could have wept with relief.

The goats were so pleased with the change in weather, three of them would not even come into the barn for their buckets.

For the first time in many weeks, I took a sketchbook outside. Dusted the latest muddy hoofprints off the lawn chair - because they were dry and I could dust them off! - and settled down in the south paddock to Draw August.


There was company.



Lots of company.
The silver goat is Fern, and she is leaning against my chair.




There was close interest in the artistic process.




There was distraction. 
(Iris is trying to untie my shoe because I wouldn't let her jump into the chair.)




There was oversight.



There was drama!


(Bashing heads. This is a mother and daughter. I make no further comment.)

 ~

And eventually, there was Day 19 of Drawing August,
which is also #231 of Daily Markmaking 2018.



I had to come in and flatten out my spine for a couple of hours,
but it's still clear and pleasant outside.
It will be a genuine pleasure to do evening chores tonight.

~~~~~

5 comments:

  1. You have the most entertaining company. Lovely sketching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy - I'm lucky to have my little sketching group, but they are not as well-behaved as yours!

      Delete
  2. How nice to see the goats again! Thank goodness for the change in weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being able to create art with such pleasant company has to be fun (and even better when the weather cooperates!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love your sketches! I am glad the rain has let up in your area. We did not get enough, but at least we didn't have the usual summer drought.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.