Thursday, July 26, 2018

thankful thursday


Daily Markmaking 2018 is still on - yesterday was #206! - and I've not yet been stumped for a subject. I enjoy the challenge of sketching plants, and I am conveniently surrounded by actual plants. I've been a photographer since 1989, so there are plenty of photographic subjects to revisit. And occasionally I work from a photograph posted by another blogger, or someone I've met on twitter. I do touch base with the photographer, and so far no one has minded.


Here's a visual shout-out to three bloggers
who didn't mind me fooling around with their photographs. 


Portrait of a ginger nut, with thanks to Jean at Delightful Repast (bonus: recipe at link!)

 July 12th


Thanks to Sue for sharing her graniteware on Granny Sue's News and Reviews:

February 4th



And thanks to Judy from Judy's Chickens, whose colorful Nashville garden photographs make me yearn for a longer growing season:

April 15th


On to #207!
~~~~~



4 comments:

  1. They're all lovely. The last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally :) Judy's photographs of vegetables and plants - and wonderful things she has cooked - are sometimes irresistible!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I've just put the kettle on, and your sketch looks like I could reach right in and have that ginger nut with my tea! The other two are beautiful as well. You are a woman of many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like it, Jean! And thank you for the compliment :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.