Sunday, July 23, 2017

heading in

It's been a lovely three days, weather-wise. 


Piper and I spent more than two hours in the woods one afternoon. I didn't bring the camera - which is why you are looking at pictures of bees in the garden instead of Piper in the woods - and Piper was determined that I was not going to open a sketchbook. We walked and sat and watched little birds skimming over the water and one of us picked blueberries and one of us went kerplunk! into the mucky pond.


Actually, it's probably just as well you are not looking at pictures of Piper.
~~~

One sunny morning, a very playful Moxie suddenly joined me in the big garden where I was getting ready to do some work. Outdoors, Moxie is usually intent on hunting and not at all interested in socializing. So when she actually invited me to play, I of course forgot all about working.



Della and Moxie do play together outdoors, and hunt together too, while I'm puttering around or doing barn chores. When I decide it's time to go back inside, they do not always agree with me. I often have to locate one of them by watching the other. Moxie is nearly invisible in undergrowth, but Della is usually easier to spot. Here's Della in full camouflage mode:


~~~

Evening chores done, heading in to make supper.


Dessert will be blueberry cake.
~~~~~

15 comments:

  1. Mm... blueberry cake. LOL at Della's camouflage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you spot her eye, peering out from between the leaves? So careful!

      Delete
  2. This sounded like such a nice peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to appreciate them when they come along!

      Delete
  3. Love this post. It has left me with my heart smiling. Love the pictures. lindalee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad - what a nice thing to say, thanks!

      Delete
  4. I love the pictures of the bumble bees! - such bright, vivid colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today there were butterflies, too! Didn't get a good picture though. Maybe next time!

      Delete
  5. Amazing photo of the bee diving in to the flower for a drink! But my favourite has to be the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit to being pretty partial to Della and Moxie, too :)

      Delete
  6. Moxie and Della are real beauties! We love cats! And your photos are, as always, outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jean! I wish cooking came to me as easily as photography ;)

      Delete
  7. This sounded like such a nice peaceful day.


    แตกใน xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.