Saturday, May 20, 2017

going to the chapel

And also the Country Club.
Big doings this weekend, as my Occasional Helper is getting married and - to my surprise and pleasure - he and his fiancee invited me to the wedding.

Friends in town are picking me up, so I don't have to drive across the Commonwealth - which, to me, makes a huge difference in how many hours I can reasonably hope to be physically comfortable. In fact, it makes the difference in whether or not I could attend this wedding at all. I am so grateful to be a passenger!

I'll be wearing a calf-length short-sleeved cotton dress, and - unless it is too hot - a favorite vest:


My best silver necklace has been retrieved from it's box in the corner cabinet, and polished.
A new wide-brimmed straw hat was purchased for the event.


And I intend to wear my Actual Shoes.

I may be the most casually-dressed person at this shindig, but I'm making an effort. People who know me will probably think "Ooh, Quinn very dressed up all fancy!" when they see me. And anyway, I'm pretty sure I've not been invited to glam things up.

My Occasional Helper is a really special person, and I'm touched to be invited to share this special day. Even if it takes a few days to re-energize afterward, it will be worth it.


Here is the gift, handmade in Massachusetts.
For a plate, I think it is extremely evocative.
I wonder if they will use it as a plate or hang it on the wall?
Maybe both?

Morning chores were done so early this morning, the goats probably think they dreamt their breakfast buckets. Extra hay and water are available all over the paddocks in case I am tired when I get home tonight, or, as I told the goats, because everyone gets Special Extra Food today because we are ALL celebrating on behalf of our friend. The one who cheerfully carries 50-pound sacks of oats from the car to the barns.

I hope you all have a special Saturday.
If you don't have something special planned, please feel free to celebrate with the Cloud Harvest Cashmere gang...
Special Extra Food required!
:)
~~~~~

18 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time Quinn. Any time I put on good shoes and jewelry I'm considered dress up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your necklace! And that plate is beautiful -- something they'll treasure, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're probably home again now and I hope the day went well. Really glad you're getting chauffered, too, makes a big difference for you. And the hat is a big deal to me! That's really dressing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The priest liked my hat!
      And yes, we left EARLY and still I got home around 10pm...quite a luxury to be a passenger.

      Delete
  4. I completely understand that being a passenger can make a huge difference. I hope that you had a wonderful day. I love your gift! Any event that I attend, I am the most casually dressed. We could have a contest! Actually, your outfit choice sounded perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KB, I just found your comment in my spam folder - sorry I didn't see it sooner! I once attended a wedding where I was NOT the most casual, and it was a truly disorienting experience. It was a "Western" wedding, here in Massachusetts, No one there was a cowboy, but there were a lot of dungarees and pointy boots!

      Delete
  5. As the Occasional Helper's mom let me say how honored we were to have you celebrate our son's happy day. Your necklace is beautiful, you looked lovely! Thank you for your graceful presence at this very special day .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind, and now there is something in my eye.
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. That was really sweet of Occasional Helper to include you at the festivities. It's nice to get all fancied up every so often and a wedding tops all events. You have a beautiful necklace, and I love the deep blue of the plate. I hope the day wasn't too taxing for you. Hugs!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does the plate make you think of nights at Algonquin? And that reminds me, how is your canoe paddle for the Tom Thomson memorial contest coming along? The fateful anniversary is approaching...I hope I haven't missed an update on your blog!

      Delete
  7. Have a great time!
    Congratulations to the Newlyweds

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treat - weddings are always so special, and lovely of your Occasional Helper to extend the invitation. I'm sure they loved the plate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you make it back okay? We haven't heard from you since the wedding, and I thought that I'd check on you! I hope that it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KB - Thanks for thinking of me! It was a wonderful day :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.