Friday, April 21, 2017

flowery friday

It began raining last night, and I woke to a damp and drizzly, raw and still-rainy world. But it wasn't very cold, and it wasn't at all windy, so I just waited for a break in the drizzle to go out and give the goats a hearty meal to keep their spirits up.

While waiting for the goats to eat, I took a few quick pictures of flowers. Yes, flowers!

Here is one of the bloodroot plants again. It decided to stay wrapped up and tucked in today, which is exactly how I felt when I woke up and saw the weather.



And here is forsythia - or yellow bells, which is what my blogfriend Tipper says they are called in Appalachia. I think of them that way now, too. Perfect name.



These daffodils got plastered, face-first, to the ground by the rain. They look quite comfortable indoors now, and are the brightest spot in the house.



And here are some of the first Vinca blossoms. Soon there will be a subtle carpet of vinca flowers. Less subtle if I get out there and rake the leaves off, and maybe I will, but it's not a priority task so no promises there.



Here's one more.
Do you recognize these?


They are red maple flowers.
There is a scattering of lovely pink and red all over the ground,
and it is even more apparent on a rainy day.
Yesterday - before the rain - I watched Tsuga and Fern carefully eating every maple flower that had fallen on a large rock. I've never seen the goats do that before. Always something new in Goat World!

~~~
Here's to the start of a great weekend for all.
What's happening in your neck of the woods?
~~~~~

9 comments:

  1. That first photo is amazing! The daffodils look so happy indoors. I love vinca - we used to have a patch of it in our lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos
    There are big gnarls of forsythia hereabouts along the roadsides that are gorgeous growing wild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain is a good thing - so much better than that other four-letter word stuff we've had too much of. Mind you, we don't want 40 days and 40 nights of it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely promises of better things to come. I have one flower blooming in my garden (should get a photo of that before it finishes!), but I see there are more blooms around my neighbourhood now. Forsythia is blooming here too, and the magnolia trees are about to burst!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloodroot is one of my very favorites! The early flowers, aren't they a blessing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red maple rose, it takes effort to see this beautiful flower blossom at andes mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love it when the flowers start appearing. They are such a treat for the eyes after the white, grey, and brown of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, flowers! I love the yellow bells! I hope that your weather has turned nicer since this post so that you don't have to do chores in the drizzle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading each one, and will usually reply either here or on YOUR blog!

Due to spam, Anonymous comments are blocked. I'm hoping to avoid the annoying Word Verification gizmo! If you find you cannot leave a comment, please email me so we can try to sort it out.